Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 4.5 The Fishing Expedition!

So, I have to admit that I was less than thrilled to be roped into going on the charter boat with my dad, Mike, Casey and Tony.  Mostly because Sarah had me so freaked out that I was going to be sea sick and secondly because I am not a huge fan of fish or fishing or anything that has to do with fishing. But, I decided to put a smile on my face and make the best of it! 
 
Below is the most gorgeous lighthouse that I have ever seen! This was actually at the end of our trip but I just loved it!
 
The day started out very dark and cold.  The ride out there was not too bad.  Tony and I snuggled up on the couch becuase we were freezing. I definitely underestimated how cold it was going to be out on the lake! At one point, I thought my little toe was going to chip off.  TK had a few too many to drink last night so he was happy to snuggle up with me.  I spent for the first 1/2 hour trying to assess if i was going to be sea sick of not.  Then, I spent the next 1/2 hour trying to figure out how to walk around the boat w/o falling down after they started fishing. 
 
I finally found a comfortable spot to sit down and watch the action.  I did not want to fall in so i had really no interest in reeling the fish in.  Captain Mike was our captain and he did not have much of a personality bu the was a good fisherman, so I guess that was all that mattered!  His one downfall was that his pants were too big, so I spent most of the day staring at his butt crack.  Made for some funny stories, and after about 4 hours of it being stuck in my face, I snapped a quick pic so we could all laugh later! Sorry but that pic was not blog appropriate! 
My dad caught the first fish of the day, that is after Mike lost one early on! 

 
My dad stood in this one area the majority of the day, pensively watching the poles for a bite.  Even by the end of the day, I have no idea the difference between a pole w/ a fish and a pole w/o a fish!
Then, Casey caught this monster! He is super proud of this fish!  Dont let him fool you, it took him about a darn half hour to reel it in, he almost gave up on it but he finally reeled 'er in! :)

Here is Mike's big catch! 
Here is Mr. TK.  This is where he spent most of our 6 hour trip! He was claiming "sea sickness" but I know the truth.  I believe he had a few too many drinks last night while he was entertaining us at the nightly bon fire!!!  
 Meanwhile, Dad caught a few more fish!
 Mike and Casey were bonding over fish!
 and, I snuck in a pic with Mike at sea! (well Lake...but ya know!)
 Finally, TK decided to grace us with his presence!!  He decided to take his turn at reeling in a big 'ole fish!!  and.......

TK's fish! :)  Now, that is one that belongs on the mantle!! 
 

The day was long, cold and exhausting but we had a lot of laughs and a lot of great memories! :) I dont know if I necessarily want to go fishing again any time soon but I was glad that I went! 

No comments:

Post a Comment