Whew...we made it through week #1! So many many more to go...
Actually things got a little better as the week went by. I tucked some kisses in his hand which he said he "used" many times during the day. How sweet is that. Im glad he had them but makes me cry that he is struggling.
He also ate lunchables the past two days which cut down on the "lunch anxiety!" Day 4 he made a few friends. He discovered Wednesday night that a little boy named Nathan is in his class and also on his soccer team! That helped. He also made friends with Emma and Joshua. Day 4 when he was at lunch he said he started crying a little bit. Joshua asked him what was wrong. Jack said "i miss my mom" and Joshua said "its okay, I do too" :( When Jack told me that, I teared up (which has been the theme of the week!) But, it was so sweet that he found a friend to confide in.
Day 5 he cried as I left the parking lot but the teacher emailed me early in the morning to reassure me that as soon as I left, he stopped crying. He also had a good rest of the day. Thank goodness!
Next week I think Mike is going to drop him off and see if that goes any better!
Its an adjustment, hard on all of us but we are getting through it!

No comments:
Post a Comment