Sunday, July 22, 2012

Tour of the Illinois Valley

Its funny how sometimes you forget all of the amazing things right in your back yard! Typically when we want to do something "fun" we tend to leave town. Not today! We decided to head out to Matthiessen State Park, Buffalo Rock state park and then ended up stopping in Utica at a Cupcake shop! I forgot what the name of the cupcakery was called but it was super cute and has only been open 3 week! I would definitely recommend it! :)  The kids thought we were at cupcake wars! LOL

I was so excited to walk around and take some pics of the kids at the beautiful state parks! this idea came to me after my friend, Nickie just did this with her girls! It reminded me of the beautiful parks we have around here!

Here is Juls enjoying her cookie dough cupcake!

 Joey had an oreo blast cupcake! He LOVED it!
 Jack had the same cupcake as Juls.  I had a red velvet yummy cupcake and Mike has a cupcake that tasted like s'mores!
 We briefly visited the teepee in Utica as well! The kids loved it! Especially Joe!
 here are some pics of the kids drinking from the fountain while we were walking at the parks!

We had SO SO SO much fun! I will post a few pics of our state parks walk after this! :)

Overall, we had So much fun and the kids were so excited to tour our area! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment