Saturday, February 4, 2012

THE.FALL...

So Michael and I have waited such a long time until we are able to keep the basement door open. Since the family room/toy rooms are down there we really want to be able to keep the door open so that the kids can go up and down freely! The problem is every single time the kids get to an age where we can leave it open, we have another baby! :)  So, finally with Joey getting older (and no baby on the way) we have been teaching Joey how to safely go up and down the stairs.

Well, the other day Juls ran down the basement to grab a bottle of water and Jack followed her. Joey had been happily riding his tractor around the house. He must have decided to join them in the basement. Well, I guess we never told him that he has to use his feet to go downstairs, he cannot RIDE a tractor down! So, sure enough Joey rode that thing down the entire flight of stairs. Thank god Jack was at the bottom and was able to catch the tractor. All we heard was crashing and screaming. I did not even know who was hurt when I got to the bottom of the steps. Jack jammed his finger, Juls was screaming because of what happened and there was Joey laying on the ground crying. Sure enough he banged his head up pretty good and scraped his back pretty bad :( 

I think we will leave the door closed a bit longer.....
Here is Joey's poor head. Its hard to see in the pic but between his eyes is all swollen and he had a few cuts and scraps. His back was definitely the WORST part! 


No comments:

Post a Comment