Well today was Joey's surgery. Joey had to have tubes put into his ears. Dr. Chilson was the doctor and Felicia Lieb was his outstanding nurse!
Let me start from the beginning, Joey had not really had any speech up until this point. He says mom, dad, Jack and occassionally random other little words but not consistently. I became worried about his speech. Dr. Lukancic sent us to rule out any medical causes from Dr. Chilson. When we met w Dr. Chilson he said that Joey had a lot of pus behind his eardrum and was surprised that Joey had not had many ear infections. Additionally he had a significant hearing loss from the fluid. For him to not be symptomatic he must have a high pain tolerance! So, Chilson strongly encouraged us to consider tubes to release the fluid, and hopefully improve his hearing and speech. 3 days later we were in surgery getting it done!
Joey was perfect for his surgery! He did great! I was a mess! I logically knew that this was a relatively easy procedure in terms of surgery! Annie had assured me! But, when they whisked him away from my arms and I was competely not in control, I had a hard time. Good thing I was barely able to go to bathroom and update Facebook before Dr. Chilson was already in the waiting room telling me he did great! :) I ended up with two days at home with my little guy snuggling! And, strange as it may seem he is already hearing so much better and saying a few words!

No comments:
Post a Comment