Thursday, October 6, 2011

Best.Life.Ever!

 We may not have the fanciest "stuff" in the world but what we do have is a beautiful, happy family. I recently read a Berenstain Bears' book Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmies to the kids. I was tired of them constantly wanting something at Target or only cleaning in order to get a "prize" so I pulled this book out and read it to them hoping to get the message across that they dont always have to have "something."  What happened as I was reading it was that I realized that I have a case of the "gimmies" as well! So often I worry about what I want instead of focusing on what I already have! After reading that story to the kids, I decided I am going to make a conscious effort to not have the "gimmies."  We have a house full of neglected toys so the next time they want a toy, we are going to go on a treasure hunt in the basement and find a "new" toy! So many of their toys have NEVER been played with. How sad is that.
 Look at how adorable Julia is!  I spend so much time trying to earn money so we can do this or do that when in reality we had the best Sunday afternoon ever just hanging out together on the front porch while we had a pot of chili cooking on the stove! Only bad part was we neglected the chili and it had to be given to the garbage disposal!
 I have a wonderful hard working, husband who would do anything for us! And, I have three gorgeous, healthy children who are oh so HAPPY! And, that is enough for me! :)

 My boys!
 Look at the love! I promise myself to pay more attention to the good moments and worry less about a messy house, unfinished laundry or sink full of dishes!
 now that is some muscles!
 jack insisted that Mike pose with the dart gun! And, then he challenged Mike to try to shoot my camera w/ a dart! Nice one boys... :)

 Little Miss movie star! The kids have had more fun with the three little pumpkins that my mom bought them! It has been so funny!

 I wonder what the neighbors thought as Jack "stretched" MIke's leg out becuase he was sore from playing soccer in the Coach's game! LOL
And lets not forget litle Joey! So independent, quiet but so observant. He is beautiful and one of a kind.

I have the best family anyone could ever ask for. Not only Mike and the kids but our extended family and friends. Our parents, siblings and friends are there in an instant whenever we need something. That is something that cannot be bought with money!  I will never forget the images in my mind of all the family and friends who ran out immediately to help us when our house was damaged. That kind of love and generosity is never forgotten and always appreciated. that is what is really important in life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment