Monday, September 20, 2010

Church

I always have such funny stories of the kids and the funny things that they do but I am also really bad about remembering to write about our funny times! I have promised myself that I am going to start writing more often, because these are the memories that I don't want to ever forget! So, let me write a little description about our church experience yesterday!

I know I should take the kids to church more, but I am guilty of not taking them. So, yesterday I decided to go, just me and Juls! All in all, she was really good! She was very excited to see all of the beautiful things around the church and had so many questions! Then, she started to get hungry. She said mom I need food. Well, this just so happened to be the time before communion. I said just wait, we will get some food. I should have been more specific because she thought we were getting in line for food! Oops! So, we get up there and Father Bob gives Julia a blessing, well she saw that everyone else was "getting something" so she turns to me and says "Mom, he not give me no food!!" She yelled it clear as day and everyone heard her say it. I quietly tried to get her to walk away w/ me as to not make a scene but she stood there stunned at not having been given anything and said "but mom, I hungry!!!!" By this time I was thoroughly embarrassed and she had all the people chuckling at her little outburst! I swooped her up and went back to our seats! Secretly I was laughing because it was kinda funny!
So, then we get home and Jack knew we went there but he did not want to go w/ me. So, he says to me so innocently. "hey mom, did you have fun at church" and I said "yes Jack." and he says "was god there..." I did not even know how to reply, so I just said "yes, he's everywhere" and left it at that! :)
My mom was really chuckling over the corner, probably glad she didn't have to answer his questions! So, that was church in a nutshell! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment