On Tuesday, Julia thought it might be a good idea to enter the world a little early! I was only 34 weeks along so we went to the doctor and they tried really hard to stop the contractions. I ended up spending the night and after many bags of IV saline and 3 shots of something to stop them, the contractions finally subsided. They kept me for observation for a while but eventually sent me home on bedrest on Wednesday.
As of today I am 35 weeks, 2 days so if I start to go into labor again they will not stop me. Looks like Jack might get a very special birthday present afterall! My doctors would really like me to hold off until 37 weeks so that is the plan at this point. I am home, on bedrest but still having contractions but only a few per hour. Hopefully I can wait a little while longer. It has been very stressful but we are all doing well.
The hardest part is that I cannot pick up Jack at all. That has been really hard on me and him. A few times I have forgotten but Mike or my mom are quick to yell to put him down! It's just instinct to pick him up if he falls or is upset but I am getting better.
Everyone has been really great offering to help. We really appreciate all that everyone has done and is willing to do.
Happy birthday Connor!
9 years ago

Attention!
ReplyDelete