Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A cat and an apple...

Well, this past weekend was quite eventful! Saturday morning Jack was taking a nap on the couch, I was picking up the house and Mike was mowing the grass outside. I came out of my bedroom to the living room where Jack was sleeping and saw a fat yellow stray CAT all snuggled up by Jack on the couch. I about had a heart attack, I jumped up in the air and screamed a little! I couldn't believe it! I had to get a broom and keep nudging the cat until it finally left the house! Thankfully all that commotion did not wake Jack up! It turns out that the cat got in the house because Mike left the back door open! He of course thought it was hilarious! Me, not so much!


Then on Sunday we were having an open house to try to sell our house. I wanted to make the house smell inviting so I was going to boil some apples and cinnamon on the stove. Well, I dropped an apple on the kitchen floor and Jack picked it up. I thought that was fine, he could play with it while I got the apples boiling. Then, I turned around a few minutes later because Jack was Boeing too quite and saw that he had eaten about half of the apple! He looked so funny sitting there eating the apple! The best part was that he was eating the apple but all of the peels were chewed and spit out on the floor!



Oh, I forgot that on Friday we were at my mom's house and I was checking my email and Jack was playing behind me with my mom's telephone. Next thing I know, I hear someone yelling over the phone saying "Hello, what's your emergency" and Jack is just babbling into the telephone so I grabbed it away from him and sure enough, he had called 911!!! The operator was asking me if we needed police, fire or ambulance! I said, none of the above my son must have accidentally called them! She transferred me to the police to tell them it was no emergency because they were already in route! How embarrassing! When they asked for my name, I politely said "Patti Kinkin" ha ha ha! Now, they can think she's the nut!

No comments:

Post a Comment