
Eventually the helicopter arrived and tossed out a bunch of eggs! It was pretty cool to see that all happen! Then, after the helicopter was safely removed from the area, they counted it down 3, 2, 1....GO!!
At that point, all 6,000 people swarmed the field desperate for an egg! Parents were pushing down toddlers and young kids just to get the eggs! Juls almost got knocked down and a parent literally stole an egg out of her bag! Jack and Juls each got a few eggs. Thankfully Joey stayed back on the sidelines safely!
Afterwards, so many kids had been separated from their parents it turned into a super scary event! For a second I thought I lost Jack, thankfully when Sarah saw all of the parents swarm the field, she grabbed Jack and went with him to get his eggs! Thankfully we all made it out safely and with a few eggs!
Initially I was annoyed with the whole event, but in reflecting on it once i got home, I thought there was no way they could have prepared for that many people which is exactly what the pastor said on the radio! They HOPED to get 2,000 who would have thought they would have had such a HUGE success for its first year! So, next year they will beef up security and try to have a more pleasant event. I think we will stay home next year! :)
Overall though, it was nice to go spend the day with family and friends! And, no one got hurt! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment